Reasons To Microchip Your Pet
- It can help return a lost animal to their proper owner.
- Microchips help animal shelters avoid the unnecessary expense of boarding an animal that belongs to a loving home.
- Microchips provide a permanent method of identifying your pet. If your pet is lost/stolen and its collar is removed, a vet/shelter can still return your pet home.
- Some countries require a microchip that must also be cross-referenced with an up-to-date vaccination record before an animal is allowed to enter the country.
- They can help distinguish the legal owner of a pet when the ownership of the animal is in dispute.